Friday, April 19, 2013

Welcome to Karmic Confetti!

Welcome to my blog! Here's where I intend to feature my latest jewelry creations, perhaps some of my other crafts for inspiration, as well. Please come back often to see my latest offerings! I make fused glass pendants, right in my microwave! And I've come up with an original technique that I've not seen elsewhere in home fused glass...embossing. I can put almost any image inside my pendant, and let the dichroic glass work it's magic! (Dichroic glass is gorgeous, every color of the rainbow, and looks like metal has been fused to the glass, usually covered with a clear layer to magnify its beauty. In reality, it has been coated with different chemicals to give it that hard to emulate luster and metallic gleam.)

I also make polymer clay jewelry. I love this medium, because there are so many things it can emulate! Ivory,  opals, turquoise...sometimes so perfectly that it's nearly impossible to tell from the real thing. There are so many cool techniques to try with it, it never gets boring!

And then I like to wire wrap my glass and clay pendants. Recently, I discovered beading, too. I thought I would find it so boring, but I really enjoy it. So I've been making beaded bails for my pendants, as well.

Well, now you know what to expect. I'm going to put a few of my recent creations on this post. Please comment if you like it and if you'd like to purchase something, please contact me! Thanks for taking a look.


This double heart is an example of what I meant when I said I embossed the glass. 

Here's an embossed star. The wire is tarnish resistant silver plate, cut square and used with half-round wire for the wrapping.

Tree of Life, I believe the stone is Labradorite.

Same stone, different shape. Pictures don't do any of these justice!

This one is a double emboss...a postage stamp shape with a flower. The colors of the clear dichroic glass just don't translate well to photographs!

This is also dichroic glass, but this one has several different colors and patterns in it. Love this glass! 

This is one of my Christmas jewelry sets. These are so cute in person!



The rose beads are my own design. One of my favorite styles.



This is faux ivory. Love the character these guys came out with.

Another dichroic piece. Isn't the blue gorgeous! :)

Swarovski crystal pendant. This one is sold.


This is a technique I borrowed from master cake decorators. I kind of like it with the clay.

Faux ivory with brass and faux wood as a border. I used a stamp to make the dragon.


Copper and Swarovski crystal pendant.

Tarnish resistant silver with Swarovski crystal dangly. It catches the light beautifully when you wear it!   

Faux ivory and brass in a bead of my own design...I call them Nautilus beads.

Red Swarovski heart with brass wire. I like the movement in this piece when you wear it.

I call this a Celtic wrap. The stone is faux Lapis Lazuli. I use the Lisa Pavelka UV resin to dome the piece. Love that stuff! Looks just like glass.

These are his and hers wire bracelets. Reminds me of a bracelet a guy made right on my wrist years ago...some kind of sailor trick done with cotton cording. The wire is much easier! :)


This is my own take on "string art"...remember, from when we were kids? Faux ivory with a Lisa Pavelka transfer in brass.

Faux ivory with my tiny Swarovski spider hanging on, in brass.


This one is faux picture jasper. Very happy with the way it came out!

Another one of my Christmas sets. I like this way to wear it.

Well, this is a good start. I have lots of photos to put up, so come back soon!
Karma



No comments:

Post a Comment