Saturday, July 25, 2015

Best Ones Yet - Marilyn's MG Technique - Polymer Clay

I must be addicted to this technique, because I keep trying it again and again! You'd think I'd be happy with the ones I've made, especially after rescuing that one batch, and yet...here's another attempt!
First side: Used my usual favorite inks, Mountain Rose, Sunset Orange, Pool, Stream, Mermaid, and added a new one - Purple Twilight...I think the new one is the one that made this batch so pretty!

This is the second side of the pendant pictured above. Puuuurrrrple...

The bigger sparkle is the silver leaf, especially if it isn't silver. The silver color throughout this batch is the Old Silver Inka Gold paint. I am happy to see it crackles...I love that look. Side A

Side B. 

Side A. Not sure where the brownish color came from. Additional colors I neglected to mention above are Sunshine Yellow, Lettuce, and Cranberry. Maybe the Cranberry mixing with the Lettuce is where the darker colors came from.

Side B.

Side A. This is one of my favorites. The sparkle in the black is the silver leaf..I really love it.. and wish I put more!

Side B. There is the Old Silver. It's really lovely inside the Magic Glos. There's that brown again...And a coppery color...

Another one of my favorites....oh, who am I kidding, they are all my favorite! Side A.

Side B. Definitely got to add more Purple next time!

Side A.

Side B. Love the silvery blue in this one. And how it crackled.

Not sure where side B is but this is the last one I'll bore you with!
Thanks again for looking - make sure to stop by my Pinterest page to see a lot more of my creations, and please like my Facebook page, Karmic Confetti!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Not many people seem to know that lnkaGold crackles....l love that stuff!
    I guess you'd recommend it for the "Marilyn Method"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! Yes, I think I would recommend it as a nice addition to the technique! I was told to make sure to sandwich it in translucent and I can see why, as it slips a bit and doesn't want to stick to the other clay. This one differed from the last MG batch that I used the Inka paint on in that the previous batch I put alcohol inks on the Inka Gold as well as the foil...This time I left it plain because I wanted to see which shine was the Inka Gold and not the foil! I really love the Old Silver Inka Gold color, I think it's more like a champagne gold....I have a metallic blue I want to try next. Thanks for the comment and the compliment! :)

      Delete
  2. these really are awesome!!! so you used Mary Beth's idea of the inka gold with the MG technique ....you can really see it! and I love that mountain rose shade :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! I think it's my favorite AI so far....but that purple WITH it...yummy :D I got some RED Inka Gold today...not sure how to use that one :D

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning. Reminds me of boulder opal, which is my favorite. Can you point me in the direction of how to get started doing this technique? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete