Sunday, February 15, 2015

Polymer Clay and Beaded Yorkies

I've been back to playing around with clay again and I was making some hair for my little fairy faces (a couple of posts back) and had some Yorkie colored clay to fool around with and decided to try making one. I adore Yorkies...we have four of them! They such wonderful, fun dogs. Ours are not show dogs, by any means! They are far too active to have long hair but love to play in the pool when it's warm enough and although they are all getting older now (the youngest two will be ten this year!) and sleep a lot, they love to fetch a ball or a toy. 

Anyway, I had this leftover clay and my clay extruder and this is what I came up with. I think I'll try again soon and make a larger one, but I like the way this little guy came out. I used black glass beads for his eyes but the rest of him is entirely polymer clay. I used Primo "Jewelry Gold" and "Copper", neither of which looked like I thought they would, but they were still a nice color for a Yorkie. I used some antiquing on him, sanded some highlights into him, and then dusted some glittery black chalk on him after it was baked. 


His neck came out a little thick but he's my first try! :)


This is the last Yorkie I made, a little beaded guy. I adore this one. :) He's a pendant. She, actually, because she has a bow! I think I will make a clay bow on the next PC one I make. :D 

Thanks for looking! Make sure to stop by my Pinterest page and like my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment