Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Magic Prism Paints

I've been taking advantage of Michael's 50% off coupon this week, and purchased some of the fantastic Pebeo Moon and Prisme paints.If you haven't heard about these paints, they are so much fun! There is a solvent in them that makes the paint move and create these tiny craters/honeycombs in the surface after it's cured. It almost seems like a resin...it dries very hard and shiny. I heard about them on my clay FB groups and saw such awesome results I had to go try them! There are starter sets  of each type of paint that have six different colors to try, With Michael's coupon, it was around $13. I haven't gotten to play with them with my clay because I was so busy trying to play with them on other surfaces! I found some cool glass cabs that are made for Mod Podging that I started off with. I have also been playing with some sheet metal I found at Home Depot. It's very inexpensive, ten sheets for under $3. It is a perfect flat surface for this paint! I have another project I've been working on besides these, using the metal sheets, but it's not quite ready to unveil - stay tuned! If you look for these, btw, they are in the roofing department. 


This is the back of one of my aforementioned yet-to-be-unveiled project pieces. Just playing around. It's so amazing and serendipitous, this paint! You just don't know what you're going to get until you try! The thicker you put it on, the larger the cells that are created. The colors are luscious and have such depth! Especially on the metal... 


This is one of the glass cabs. I put the paint on the back, because it was flat. I love the way it turned out, just using two colors. Very organic. Too bad I did it on the back, because it does NOT look like this from the front! So, don't try applying your paint to the back of a clear cab because it won't look as nice as it would on the front! I wasn't sure how it would do on the curved surface, which is why I painted the back. I'll probably paint the front once this one is completely dry! (These seem to take a couple of days!)


And this is my favorite, on a piece of the sheet metal. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it...I had thought I would cut it into pieces but it's almost pretty enough to frame! All of these were done with the Prisme...I haven't broken into the Moon starter set yet! I'll keep you posted. :) 


Thanks for looking and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment