Saturday, July 25, 2015

Finished Pendants - Microwave Kiln

Haven't done too much on the MWK lately because of my success with the Mokume Gane technique lately, but I finally finished adding bails to a lot of completed glass pendants I had waiting for me to get off my butt! Thought I'd post some photos. 
This one is one of my Sharpie Oil Based Paint Marker pendants.

The one above is a little different from most I've made. I used a Martha Stewart screen printing kit to put some embossing ink on the glass, then sprinkled purple powdered glass frit on the wet medium.  After it dried, I capped it with some clear glass using the same trick with the screen print and ink but using Citrine mica for some shimmer.
This one broke in the kiln, I'm sorry to say. I tried to fuse it back together but we'll see if it holds!

This is another one I used a MS screenprint screen on, with embossing ink and mica this time. :Love the lace look! It is also inside the pendant....it is a negative, though, so it looks like black lace with a copper background...

Another Sharpie oil based paint pen piece. I rubbed some copper mica powder into the dried paint before firing. It melts slightly and makes it permanent.

This is the back of the previous pendant. I used red transparent glass for the back, with Citrine mica powder and used my favorite sgraffito technique.

More of the Sharpie Oil Based Paint pen and sgraffito.
Sgraffito and mica powder on black glass.

Sharpie oil based paint pen and sgraffito. I used Citrine mica powder before firing to give him a golden sparkle.

I love making these. The moon and the water are dichroic pieces. The deer and tree are embossing ink and mica powders.

The back of the previous pendant. I scratched a heart on the tree trunk. :)

Thanks again for looking - make sure to stop by my Pinterest page to see a lot more of my creations, and please like my Facebook page, Karmic Confetti!


No comments:

Post a Comment