Saturday, March 21, 2015

Stained Glass And Copper Wire Wrapped Pendants

Greetings! I've been playing around with the rotary tool and stained glass (see my previous posts) and decided to try to wire wrap the glass this time. What do you think? Front and back of the palm tree. I like the natural white streak "mountain" hidden in the glass on the middle right side. Reminds me of Hawaii!


Don't ask me why I zig zagged the back. Would have been better if I wrapped it like my next one...the same front and back. Oh well, I still like it!


This one came out a little better. Having the wrap the same front and back gave it a little more stability and of course, symmetry. :) The glass is hard to photograph but it's iridescent, rather purply and pinky. This is the same glass I used in the windchimes I showed here last week. It photographs much better outdoors!


And it's transparent. :) It would actually be a nice Christmas ornament or window decoration. As you can see, I wrapped the back to match the front wires. It almost looks like a reflection in the phototgraph! :D

As always, thanks for looking and come visit again! You never know what I'll be up to next....


No comments:

Post a Comment