Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Post You've Been Waiting For...(drumroll, please...)

I am still not happy with the back but I can wait no longer! Here is the project I've been working on for a while now...(cue extreme closeup)


Yes, I jumped on the fairy door bandwagon and made one from a tiny journal, ala Mandarin Ducky, whom I adore!  This thing is TEENSY WEENSY....the entire thing is only 3.5" x 4". The door knocker and the tiny angel fairy move freely. I used pieces from watch parts where I could. Part of the delay was trying to find one I liked for the doorknob. I wanted to use a gear from the watch parts but I couldn't attach it so it was sturdy, like this one is.  The part I settled on is a little large but I still like it. It is a Tim Holtz part. I used a Martha Stewart mold for the tiny leaves, but next time I will either make more realistic ones or use beads...


I hope you found my tiny book worth the big buildup! I had a good time trying things out - making the moss, for instance, and the granite clay, which I was rather impressed with. It has tiny sparkles and has a granite like sheen to it after baking. I liked making the pebbles for the walkway and stone work. I have another fairy door in the works, this one will be built on a round glass vase...:)



Thanks for taking a look and make sure to stop by my Pinterest page and like my Facebook page

4 comments:

  1. It is really beautiful. I love making these and yours is really unique. The details are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was worried about it being a little too busy...but I wanted to add more! There's only so much room when you're working with such a small frame, though! That's why the next one will be bigger. :D Thanks again!

      Delete