Friday, March 27, 2015

More Engraved Stained Glass Pendants

I DID say the next post would be the topic I've been holding back on, but I am still futzing around with the results, so it will have to wait one more post! I hope you find this one interesting anyway! I started off asking in one of my beading groups how to bezel a square pendant. Being that the stained glass is only one layer, it's a bit thin, which makes it harder to bezel. I would probably do better if I rounded the corners somewhat. I was pointed at a design on Youtube and came up with a netted bezel. Below are pictures of the front and back. The Swarovski crystals are actually on what I consider the back! Don't ask me why, it's just how it came out. :D I just couldn't leave the back plain so I engraved it, as well....


The front is mirrored. I love this glass! Not THAT happy with the beaded bezel, but you can't love everything you make! :D It looks a little crooked in the photos but I promise it is not. It is just how it sits on this thin glass....


 I've also been playing around with the flat aluminum wire bezels again, this time with my engraved stained glass experiments. I found some copper colored wire in my stash, and I love the way it looks next to the glass! I came up with this novel method to wrap the stained glass so there are no sharp edges and no chance of breakage. The wire that holds it in is minimal and yet strong and decorative. It has a clean look and feel to it. At the same time, it is much faster, cleaner, and easier than wire wrapping OR beading. What do you think???



This one is in black bezel wire. Sorry for the picture quality! I think I did better outside...



Another copper colored bezel. Love this color! The glass looks so different in person. This is also the mirrored green.


Just to show you the difference...here is one photographed indoors. 


Same pendant, outdoors! :) Aren't the colors just luscious?? This one is a little large for a pendant, though. I think it might be a Christmas ornament! :D


Last, but not least! Thanks for looking and come back now, y'hear? :D


Tomorrow...the unveiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment