Thursday, March 26, 2015

My mostly finished Rose beads - Love that Magic Glos!

After much hemming and hawing (ok, it's because I have Craft ADD!) I finally got around to digging out my Magic Glos UV resin and using it to give my recalcitrant Souffle beads a beautiful shine! Some people like Souffle's matte finish...not me! I LOVE this product! It is a little finicky to work with and these beads took all day to get to my perfectionist state...and they are not perfect, by any means! But they are as good as I could make them. :)


The biggest issue I have with this is that it does not like to stay to the edges of the bead. I imagine if my bezels were a little more consistent, I would have had better luck the first time I tried to get a nice dome, as it needs an edge to stick to or it gloms up in the center. The best technique I've found is to make a smooth ring around the edge of your bead FIRST...set the resin with your UV lamp (never use the sun as I do most crafting at night), then, go back and fill it in with another layer covering the entire bead. I am so happy with the results though, that it is worth the finicky-ness of this resin! :) It really looks like glass. (I would like to remind you that I am making no money on this blog at the moment and no one has given me anything to promote a certain product. I am just telling you what *I* like.) :)


As you can see in the photos, the result on my beads is wonderful. Would you believe the one in the photo above is actually just scraps I threw together? I love the way it came out. What do you think? Let me know! I can't believe how excited I am about all my projects coming together that I wrote two posts in one day...and am dying to write another to show you my latest creation! I'm so proud of it! :) But...you have to wait, just a bit....Just wanted to share these with those on my FB group who were following my progress with this cane. Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment