Saturday, May 30, 2015

And now, for something completely different....(Pebeo Prisme & Moon)

Playing with my Pebeo Moon and Prisme paints again! I really never stopped, I have just been waiting for them to cure completely before trying to put Lisa Pavelka's Magic Glos on them to protect the paint. I redid a few of them, too so double the wait...But I finally took a break from the glass fusing to do this now that a few weeks have gone by. I have so much mica and glitter floating around my house that I don't think I can use my ICE Resin anytime soon! And someone just told me the stuff has a shelf life...and I've had mine for at least a year! Sigh...Anyways, on to the creations! :) 

These are several different colors. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what they are, though! I am sure it is the English red, the Onyx, Eggshell White, Violine and probably the Moon  Gold.




I like the way the cross came out. Same colors, probably Carmine and Vermillion in addition.


On this one and the one below, I added some Super Copper mica powder to it. It came out very metallic looking.



Then I started playing around with some Formica samples I had. Love the way the colors combined! You just never know what you're going to get, with this paint! These are not sealed yet.


Then I thought to add a fairy charm I had on hand. I ran out of Magic Glos on this one! I'll have to get more and figure out how to finish it. I had been trying to get a flame effect in the paint.


 The Magic Glos is so clear you can't even see it in these photos. :)



This is the first side...I see a flower.


And the reverse side. Kind of like a Phoenix in the flames, eh?


 First side....Volcano? :)


Reverse,,,View inside the volcano? Hehe. 


Then I bought a couple of paper mache boxes to experiment with. I love the way they came out! I was trying to do flames again, on most of the sides....


These still haven't been sealed. Maybe that's when I'll try the ICE resin...



This one was interesting, the way it came out. I put a couple of tiny droplets of paint and it must have had a lot of the stuff in it that makes them move and it spread out like crazy!


Similar thing happened to this box, as well. Stir, stir stir! I thought I did....


And then, a different project. This is a piece of chainsaw art my husband and I bought in St. Augustine about a decade ago. It's been hanging outside for ages and we discovered the back of it was very rotted. It has some sentimental value to us, so I found a product to reinforce the wood and it did a great job! It's a liquid that soaks into the wood fibers and makes them strong again. I then filled all the cracks with wood filler and repainted it. What a mess it was!



 Ta da! I was very happy to see it back almost better than new! I decided to try my Pebeo paints on  the turtle...


Pictures don't really do it justice! Very happy with the way it came out. I'm still waiting for it to cure completely and then I'll give it a clear coat...

Closeup of the shell. Aren't the effects lovely! Love this paint...!



Thanks for looking - make sure to stop by my Pinterest page to see a lot more of my creations, and like my Facebook page, Karmic Confetti

No comments:

Post a Comment