Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Wire Whatchamacallits - Wire Wrapping

Trying to come up with some ideas that were mine, not from other people's ideas. Am I the first to think of these? Of course not! But most of these are my own designs, not from a tutorial. Or at least I put my own spin on them! This post is picture heavy, if you have a slow connection or data limits!

"Copper Kiss" with an AB Swarovski crystal.
The eye, below, is not hand painted, I purchased it, but I love the idea and will probably try making my own one day! What I thought was cool is how it follows you, no matter which way you tilt it..:D
Looking at "Eye Of The Tiger" from the left side.

"Eye Of The Tiger" viewed from the right!
And head on, after patina. Odd, right??
This set of photos is a little different. The Celtic design is NOT mine, I saw it on Pinterest. I love the intricacy of the design and decided to try it. After I showed it to my husband, he said that it was probably a Celtic cross...hadn't considered the idea! But I designed some earrings based on it, as well. I made two of them, one I patina'd, one I did not.
"Celtic Crossover"

This one is not patina'd but I made a fancy bail for it. The Viking Knit necklace is for another pendant I made, which I will picture below.
Here is the set, with earrings...but I added dangles to them after I took this photo.

After adding the dangle. I also made another with no patina and considering making it sit so it looks like a heart. With or without the dangle? Right side up or episdn uwop? ::D Let me know what you think!
This pendant is called "Autumn Winds", and is wrapped around one of my polymer clay Mokume Gane pendants that I made based on Marilyn's tutorial. It is reversible, and made of copper, with the Viking Knit chain from above.

Reverse side.
I'm still making resin items, too. This one contains real beach shells. These are the first bracelets I've made using the mold I bought at Michael's. Works great...you can even put the finished bracelet in the mold upside down with more resin to get rid of the ridge on the top if it's too deep. Or to fill in a bubble. :)

This one has a sort of luminescent glow. It's faux lace with a sort of neon yellow background.

Purple dried moss with gauzy ribbon flowers.
 Back to wire!
This is an adjustable quartz ring made with antiqued copper wire. These rings WERE done with a tutorial...more about it below.
Adjustable laboradorite ring with copper.
Adjustable Ruby Zoisite ring. Love this one!
The tutorial for these adjustable rings is on my Facebook group Wirewrap Tips and Tutorials. It's a little general in the instructions but I love how you can make it your own!
From a Youtube tutorial...just love her designs! (Link below)
This is another design by the same artist on Youtube. Her link is:Lan Anh Handmade. She has such unusual and original designs!
And last, but not least, here are my InSPIRALed Angel Wings. They are still a work in progress...haven't decided on how to connect them to the necklace. But I love that together, they resemble a heart...THIS design is mine....

After patina.

But ... the original idea I had was to use them to cover another design. I love that they look like a heart when closed...but what if I put something behind them? And then I remembered my "Celtic Crossover" pendant...

Peekaboo! Now it looks like a Celtic ANGEL...:)


Even more pronounced when you put the wings behind...:)

Let me know what you think! Thanks for visiting! Drop me a line on Facebook if you like what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment