Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Cards 2016

Well, my recipients have all gotten their cards...I got them out a lot earlier than normal this year! I thought I would use my Cricut but ended up using die cuts and my elderly Big Shot for all of them! I used the die cuts so much I fear some have dulled! But here's the ones I sent...I had several different varieties this year!

With white cardstock and silver, below. I just got a magnetic platform for my Big Shot which I really like...nothing slides around.

Sorry for the glare! I used one of Martha's doily punches for the red doily underneath.

This was one of my favorites. I want to call your attention to the envelopes...they were mostly made with uuuuggggllly paper that I stamped with ink to make Christmassy! :)

Another doily with Martha Stewart's doily punch. And a stamp/emboss kit I got at Tuesday Morning. Love that place for discounted craft supplies!

The insude of the card above. Ugggglllyyy envelope...:)

Then I did a multitude of the reindeer cards. Thought these were cute.

Ugly envelopes again...:D Everyone got a candy cane on their card, with a tiny bow.

Ahh, but these came out so cute...! A die cut set. Had the inner sentiment too.

The inside of the one above. The only problem is there is no where to write inside! But so cute...I can use the inner die cut with other cards, as well, in the future. I made a LOT of these.
Another tree with it's homemade envelope. These were cute together...a red cardinal in the envelope's tree.
The inside of the one above. This was my first one and I actually used the wrong die cut on the front. The others, I used the larger one and cut it in half for the front. I still like it though.
The "Be Jolly" is a sticker left over from last year. So cute! Real felt hat...
The inside. Not quite as ugly of an envelope. :D
One more tree...they all got a candy cane decoration, too.
The inside of the one above.
Another...
The inside. tried to color coordinate...




The inspiration for this came from Pinterest. I love the alcohol ink colors! More about how it is made below.

A variation on the sentiment.

Also made a few going the other direction...

I was able to get two envelopes out of one sheet of 12"x12" with these and the Christmas tree cards..
When I first tried making these, I tried using thin aluminum (flashing for the roof) in an embossing folder with the alcohol ink, but I was afraid it would be too sharp. I ended up using paper with a shiny silver finish on it and it worked beautifully with the ink...even though I got it at the dollar store...:)


I crimped strips of the same silvery paper for the tops and then cut thinner strips for the ornament hangers. I used two different embossing folders, one for the ornaments, one for the background white paper, which I love that has swirly snowflakes on it. The sentiment was stamped with Stazon gold ink on Dollar Tree shiny photo paper and cut out with a die cut and my Big Shot, then added with some foam adhesive for dimension. Simple but effective!
 That's it for now. Thanks for visiting and keep checking back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment